EXTENSION OF DEADLINE – UN SR Violence Against Women Call for Submissions on Gap in International & Regional Standards on VAW (07/27/2016)
Date: October 23, 2016
DEADLINE EXTENDED TO NOVEMBER 1, 2016
From: WUNRN LISTSERVE
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2016 12:08 PM
To: WUNRN ListServe
Subject: UN Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women Call for Submissions on Gap in International & Regional Standards on VAW
UN Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women – Website
UN Special Rapporteur on Violence Against Women – Call for Submissions to All Stakeholders On Gap in Incorporating & Implementing International & Regional Standards on Violence Against Women
The Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, Ms. Dubravka Šimonović took up function as Special Rapporteur on 1 August 2015 and intends to, inter alia, focus on the legal and policy frameworks of her mandate and the international human rights mechanisms to discuss the gap in incorporating and implementing the international and regional standards related to violence against women.
The Special Rapporteur considers that the discussion on the adequacy of the international legal framework on violence against women initiated by the former mandate holder1should continue and she wishes to secure views from different stakeholders, including States, National Human Rights Institutions, Non-governmental organizations, as well as members of academia.
Taking into consideration the important role that different stakeholders play in reinforcing universal human rights standards, she would be very interested to receive input and views on the following questions:
- Do you consider that there is a need for a separate legally binding treaty on violence against women with its separate monitoring body?
- Do you consider that there is an incorporation gap of the international or regional human rights norms and standards?
- Do you believe that there is a lack of implementation of the international and regional legislation into the domestic law?
- Do you think that there is a fragmentation of policies and legislation to address gender-based violence?
- Could you also provide your views on measures needed to address this normative and implementation gap and to accelerate prevention and elimination of violence against women?
All submissions should be sent by 1 October 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org.