Human Right to Peace – Panel – UN Human Rights Council (06/16/2016)
Date: June 15, 2016
UN Human Rights Council – 32nd Session – Panel
THE HUMAN RIGHT TO PEACE
16 June 2016 – Time: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Geneva –Palais des Nations – Room IX
In preparation of the fourth session of the Intergovernmental Working Group on the UN Draft Declaration on The Right to Peace, to be held in Geneva on 11-15 July 2016, more than 700 civil society organizations worlwide have reviewed the Draft Declaration on The Human Right to Peace that will be submitted to the Working Group, requesting that it be taken as the basis for negotiation. The Panel will review the components of The Human Right to Peace.
Distinguished Speakers :
- Ambassador Anwarul K. Chowdhury, Former President of the UN Security Council, Former Ambassador of Bangladesh to the UN in NY (via Skype) – “The Human Right to Peace and The Culture of Peace”.
- Mr. Alfred de Zayas – UN Independent Expert on the Promotion of a Democratic & Equitable International Order – « The Human Right to Peace, an Essential Component of the Democractic and Equitable International Order ».
- Mr. Carlos Villán Durán – President, the Spanish Society for International Human Rights Law – “CSO Draft Declaration on The Human Right to Peace”
- Ms. Lois A. Herman – Coordinator WUNRN, Women’s UN Report Network – Power Point – « Women and The Human Right to Peace ».
- Ms. Rafif Jouejati – Free Syria Program – Syria Women’s Analysis on Priority for Peace and Democracy
- Mr. Johan H. Schotte – Chairman & Founder, Johan Schotte Foundation
Moderator: Ms. Lois A. Herman – Coordinator WUNRN, Women’s UN Report Network